Different sources give different tips for blogging. For instance, did you know the average blog reader only spends about 45 seconds on your site? And did you know that some sources say that personal postings will hold no interest to the average reader, but political issues will?
Well, I don’t hold to any of those things. Blogging is not a statistical endeavor for me… it is therapeutic, comforting, accountability holding, journal entering, fun for me! While I love the idea of sharing thoughts with others, and exchanging ideas, I must say blogging is mostly a motivation for me. If you have read this, “Thank you.” These are some things I’d like you to know about my blog from the “get-go”:
1. There is rarely, if ever, a deep, hidden meaning to the things I blog. It may not be worded clearly at times, but that’s a totally different thing! If there is something I want to say, I won’t hide it in subliminal sentences, or make you read between any lines.
2. If my writing sounds like I’ve smacked myself on the head and said, “DOH”, I’ve probably smacked myself on the head and said, “DOH!!”
3. Constructive comments are greatly appreciated. Destructive comments, however, will never make it past moderation. Civilized disagreement is one thing; calling names and making references to any of my family in a non-flattering way is another. The former opens the mind – the latter boggles it!
4. If you wish to have a running dialogue with me, then by all means give me a way to communicate with you and I will happily do so. I love to talk – just ask my husband, Barry!
5. I am not ‘holier than thou’ , ‘smarter than thou’, ‘wittier than thou’, or any other ‘than thou’. My sincere apologies if anything I write comes off that way to you.
6. This blog is about many parts of my life. It is not, however, my life! I am not so naive that I think I can just let it all hang out here. (Dirty laundry -what did YOU think I meant?!) This is a public forum, after all.
7. Chances are my attitude, opinion and general mood are going to be clearly readable in my writing. While I will not apologize for my attitude, opinion or general mood – I will apologize for your taking offense to it.
8. Oh, one last thing. I will try to watch my words. I want the things I say and do to reflect glory on the Lord. Some days I succeed – others, well not so much!
Okay, so if you have read all this, you’ve spent about 20 more seconds than the average blog reader already! Welcome to my blog, Mr., Mrs. or Ms. Above-Average Blog Reader! Feel free to read and comment.