Wow! Raaaaaaaaaaaaacist!! Listen to what Bob Belovich – Democrat running for the seat, and his wife, Barbara Belovich, have to say about Josh Mendel – Republican, and Iraq War Veteran, who currently holds this position. If you don’t have time to listen to it all, start at about 1:47 or so.
I’ve reproduced (read: cut and paste) an interesting article from GOPUSA website. Before you totally “pooh pooh” his idea, think hard on his opening statement of the article!! The answers follow….
Doug Patton information:
Doug Patton is a freelance columnist who has served as a political speechwriter and public policy advisor. His weekly columns are published in newspapers across the country and on selected Internet web sites, including Human Events Online, TheConservativeVoice.com and GOPUSA.com, where he is a senior writer and state editor. Readers may e-mail him at email@example.com.
Voters Should Pass A Minimal Civics Test
By Doug Patton
August 11, 2008
I have never been an advocate of the popular notion that “everyone should vote.” Some people look at me as if I am somehow un-American when I say that I am not in favor of encouraging people to vote who would otherwise never darken the door of a polling place. I really don’t want someone on the streets of Hollywood, who just failed to identify the vice president of the United States on one of Jay Leno’s “Jay-Walking” segments, helping to select the person who will lead my government for the next four years.
So here is a basic, common-sense test that every American wishing to exercise the right to vote should answer (I’m sure in this dumbed-down era in which we live we will have to come up with multiple choice answers to make it easier, but here are some preliminary questions):
1. Name the three branches of the federal government.
2. Name the current president and vice president of the United States.
3. How long have they served?
4. How long are the president and vice president allowed to serve?
5. How many members are there in the U.S. House of Representatives?
6. How are House Members chosen?
7. How long is their term in office?
8. How long are they allowed to serve?
9. Name the current speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
10. Which party currently holds the majority in the U.S. House of Representatives?
11. How many members are there in the U.S. Senate?
12. How are U.S. Senators normally chosen?
13. How long is a U.S. Senator’s term in office?
14. How long are they allowed to serve?
15. Name the current majority leader of the U.S. Senate.
16. Which party currently holds the majority in the U.S. Senate?
17. How many individuals currently sit on the United States Supreme Court?
18. Name three of them.
19. How are members of the U.S. Supreme Court selected?
20. How long can Supreme Court Justices serve?
21. What is an electoral vote?
22. How many electoral votes are currently required in order to elect the president and vice president?
23. How is the president selected if he/she fails to receive the required number of electoral votes?
24. How is the vice president selected if he/she fails to receive the required number of electoral votes?
25. What is an executive order?
26. How is an amendment to the U.S. Constitution passed?
27. How many constitutional conventions has the United States had?
If a potential voter could not answer at least 18 of these questions (two-thirds), he/she should not be allowed to vote. How did you do? Need to study up?
Can I just say, dead on VERBATIM, these have been my opinions!! You are rocking my world today GOPUSA!!
McCain And Obama — What Were They Thinking?
By Matt Towery
August 1, 2008
I can hardly believe what I am seeing on television and reading in newspapers.
John McCain runs a silly ad using young Hollywood ditzes in an image next to Barack Obama. Meanwhile, Obama’s team accuses McCain of running a “mean campaign.” Then McCain counters by accusing Obama of “playing the race card.”
What planet do these campaigns live on?
These campaigns have run amok. And may I just remind people, Hillary Clinton has only SUSPENDED her campaign.
I’m just saying…